The International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA) is hosting its 16th biennial Congress in the island paradise of Colombo, Sri Lanka from May 16-19 2015. Three full days of immersion into the wide world of the colored gemstone industry.
This year’s Congress will feature presentations by leaders and experts in the Gem Industry as well as a series of special events that promise to make it a truly valuable and unique experience. Speakers will be highlighting the past, present and brilliant future of the precious gemstone industry.
JupiterGem is a proud member of the International Colored Gemstone Association and anxiously awaits the opportunity to shop among the countless stunning gems that will be on display. More than 50 companies have been carefully curated by an expert selection panel to showcase their amazing array of gemstones and jewelery from all over the world. We can’t wait to bring some home and share them with our customers!
Focusing on the latest consumer trends and developments in new markets, this year’s congress will try to take the exotic excitement and passion that is an inherent part of the gemstone industry and explore ways to communicate these notions to consumers.
The setting for this year’s Congress could not be any more appropriate. A birthplace of so many gorgeous, natural gemstones, Sri Lanka is an exotic paradise destination. Participants of this year’s ICA Congress will be able to enjoy sand, surf and sun along with the majestic wildlife that calls this beautiful island home.
Curious about what this legendary Congress has in store for it’s participants? Check out this year’s loaded itinerary!
- 15th to 18th May: Facets Gem Show, Cinnamon Grand Hotel, Colombo
- 16th to 19th May: ICA Congress, Cinnamon Grand Hotel, Colombo
- 16th May: Tennis, Golf & Cricket Tournaments
- 16th May: Ice-breaker cocktail and dinner at the Oak Room, Cinnamon Grand Hotel
- 17th May: Cocktails, dinner and live entertainment on the historic terrace of the Mount Lavinia Hotel
- 18th May: Sri Lanka theme night including procession (perehara) around picturesque Beira
- Lake, culminating at Park Street Mews for lively street party
- 19th May: Gala dinner at Cinnamon Grand Hotel
- 20th to 26th May: Mine Tour – Dambulla, Kandy, Ratnapura, Hikkaduwa Spouse Tour program in Colombo and Galle